Backup safety has become a critical part of a modern vehicle. Many new vehicles now come standard with an assortment of safety items that Driven Sound & Security has installed for years. Do you own a vehicle right now that doesn’t have a backup camera installed? Or how about backup sensors? Follow along as we dive into these two important safety categories.
Backup cameras have become a must-have item for many people. The premise is very simple; you have a rear mounted camera that shows you what is behind the vehicle. The picture gets displayed on a monitor that is in front of you for easy viewing.
The monitors come is three popular designs;
- Replacement rearview mirrors are a popular option as the new mirror has an LCD display hidden in the mirror and only illuminates when you need to see behind you. Some vehicles have multiple accessories built into the mirror like Homelink, OnStar, or even a Bluetooth microphone that need to be addressed.
- Stand alone monitors get installed in a convenient spot and show the image of the backup camera. These monitors are for people who can’t use a rearview mirror design, or may want a larger display than available in the replacement mirrors.
- Integration with factory color screen. Does your vehicle have a full-color screen in the dash? We may have a solution to allow the image from your backup camera to be displayed on that screen.
Backup cameras come in many different styles as well;
- Lip mounted cameras are just as they sound. They get installed onto a lip above the rear license plate giving it a clean, factory look.
- License plate mounted cameras are a popular choice as the rear tag is often centrally located in the rear of the vehicle and no holes need to be drilled to mount the camera, as it uses the license plate bolts. A hole may need to be drilled in some vehicles for wiring access.
- Tailgate cameras. If you own a pickup truck, the factory cameras often get mounted here. We have solutions for cameras that mount them similarly to the factory cameras.
Do you own a commercial vehicle, RV, or maybe even tow a trailer? We have solutions for all of these vehicles as well. We invite you to contact us for more information on solutions for these vehicles.
Backup sensors are another popular option for backing up safely. They are a relatively simple, but effective device. Anywhere from two to four small round sensors abut the size of a quarter get mounted flush into your rear bumper. Whenever you put the vehicle into reverse, these sensors go active and look for objects behind the vehicle using ultrasonic wave technology. Beginning at around six feet away, you will hear a slow beeping noise in the vehicle. At two to three feet, away the beeping becomes much faster. At about one foot, away it goes to a constant tone, alerting you that you have to stop now to avoid an impact. What is great about these sensors is that you are looking behind you just like normal, and you use a combination of the beeping sounds and your vision to determine how close you are to something or someone. These sensors do an excellent job of detecting objects or even more important, children, that may be in your blind spot. We can’t stress enough how well these sensors work. The ultimate combination would be to have a backup camera installed along with the backup sensors. That will give you the greatest protection from an accident.
Driven SS, YOUR Backup Safety Experts!
Driven Sound & Security has done the homework for you in these categories. Just like anything else, there are many grades of quality. Rest assured, we will only sell and install what we feel to be the best performing, most reliable products on the market. And we back up these great products with our award-winning installation. We take great pride in the quality of our work. We would rather lose a job because a customer thought our labor was a little too high than to have a product come back because the installation was shortchanged to fit a price point. We believe in doing things right the first time, and we invite you to stop by our facility. If you are looking for a good quality product backed up by a great installation, we are going to get along just fine. We invite you to stop by our facility and let us get to know you better and your unique needs for your vehicle. We will then custom design and install a solution best suited for you. You can also feel free to call or Contact Us for more information on Backup Safety options for your vehicle.